Yeast infections are something that everyone should avoid. There are many home remedies for yeast infection that you can try if you’re happened to get the yeast infection. The symptoms of yeast infection are itching, clumpy, burning sensation on your skin. There are many types of yeast infection such as vaginal yeast infection, diaper rash, nailbed infections, thrush, as well as beneath large breast. The cause of yeast infection is the overgrowth of a type of fungus named Candidias. There are many types of yeast but Candidiasis the most common cause of all infections. Their ideal places to grow are warm moist place on the body.
Home remedies for yeast infection in mouth
Yeast infections in the mouth or is also called as oral thrush are common in adults. This infection is caused by the overgrowth of the fungus named Candida Albicans. The symptoms are creamy white spot on the tongue and also cheeks of the mouth. This type of infection can be cleared up by regular treatment. Here are some home remedies to help to heal oral yeast infections:
- Probiotics – The source of probiotics like Yoghurt is good for oral thrush. It contains active cultures of lactobacilli species which is good to treat thrush as well as improving your digestive systems. You can eat yogurt two to three cups a day until the thrush disappear. You can also your the yogurt then rubs it over your tongue. Leave it for about ten minutes then rinse it with lukewarm water. You can repeat this treatment twice a day.
- Coconut oil – You can also use coconut oil for yeast infection as part of your home remedies. Coconut oil treatment is especially good to treat oral yeast infection. You can use extra virgin coconut oil or EVCO to treat your thrush. Apply some coconut oil to your tongue and mouth using finger or cotton swab. Just leave it there for 10 to 15 minutes then rinse it with warm water. You can repeat this treatment several times a day. You can also use EVCO just like mouthwash. Every morning, take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil then swish it around your mouth for several minutes, rinse it, then brush your teeth.
- Apple cider vinegar- You can use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection since it contains certain enzymes which can control candida infection. Since it’s acid, it can balance your pH of a body so you can fight against yeast. Rinse your mouth using the mix of 2 teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar and a half tablespoon of salt in a cup of lukewarm water. Repeat this treatment twice to three times a day.
Home remedies for yeast infection under breast
Candidias can also infect another area like beneath the breast. Women are the most one who suffers from this type of infections. The area beneath the breast tends to be warm and moist due to sweat and skin fold. That makes yeast overgrow in the area and develop infections. If the infections are severe, you might as well talk to the doctor to ask for the right prescription. If the infections are mild to moderate, you can try home remedies to treat them as below:
- Tea tree oil – Tea tree oil has the antifungal agent which can fight against yeast. Apply tea tree oil to the area where the infections are. Just let it absorb into your skin. You can repeat this treatment twice a day after taking a bath. However, it is possible that your skin is sensitive to this type of concentrated oil so you need to test it out before using it for the treatment. Try applying some tea tree oil to the back of your ear or to the inner of your upper arm. If the rash appears then you’d better not to use this oil to treat your yeast infection.
- Garlic – Garlic can be part of the right home remedies for yeast infections, especially infections beneath the breast. Garlic has also antifungal properties which are good to kill yeast and treat infections. You just need to rub fresh garlic to the infected areas. Leave it there for 20 to 30 minutes then rinse it with lukewarm water. Or, you can also use puree garlic to be applied to the affected skin. The next method is to soak 3 to 4 cloves of garlic into olive oil overnight then use the oil to be applied to the affected area. This method is the best if you feel stung using the first and second method.
Home remedies for yeast infection in babies
Babies also tend to develop yeast infections since their immune systems haven’t worked properly. The most common areas to be infected by yeast are armpit, neck, thighs, and bottom. Here are home remedies to treat yeast infection in babies:
- Oil – You can use oil at homes such as coconut oil or olive oil to treat yeast infection in babies. Coconut oil contains antifungal agent while olive oil contains antioxidants. To use it, clean the infected are first. Then, take a teaspoon of one of the oils and gently apply it to the infected areas. Just let dry naturally and repeat this treatment twice a day until the infections are cured.
- Oatmeal – If you are wondering how to get rid of a yeast infection in 24 hours, you may try the oatmeal bath. Oatmeal is good for baby skin and can cleanse it very well. Take a tablespoon of oatmeal powder then add it to one bucket of lukewarm water. Give a bath your baby using this water twice a day.
Treating yeast infections needs patience since yeast is quite hard to handle and easy to come back. Maintaining regular eating habit to improve immune system as well as keeping the hygiene will be useful to prevent the yeast to come back. You may try several tips of home remedies for yeast infections above to treat any type of yeast infections. If the infections are severe, you might as well talk to your doctor.