Both men and women are wondering how to get rid of a double chin which is also called as submental fat. It’s a layer of fat formed below your chin and actually, you can remove it by many ways both naturally or using medical treatment. Aside from overweight, aging, diet, and genetics are also the factors causing double chin. As you age, your skin will lose its elasticity leading to saggy skin under your chin. This is not a life-threatening condition but it can make you lack of confidence.
There are many ways to do to remove the double chin. Such as:
- Maintaining the healthy diet – Even if you’re not overweight, your poor diet may result in double chin since saggy skin can cause double chin as well. Thus, ensure that you eat more vegetables and fruits in your diet. It’s the best to reduce junk food consumption since it only gives bad influence to your body metabolism. Count the needs of your calorie intake per day so you can manage of how much nutrition you should get each day with balance. Eat healthier food will make your body healthier as well. Not to mention to stay hydrated by drinking 8-12 glass of water per day. This will help to regenerate and hydrate your skin so it cut off saggy looks.
- Using home remedies – You can also try some natural remedies to get rid of double chin such as honey, lemon, egg whites, etc. You can use one of them as a face mask. For example, take out egg whites and apply it to your face to your neck. Give a little message so the nutrition from the eggs will be absorbed effectively by the skin. Next, leave it till its dry then rinse your face and neck with lukewarm water. You can also make the natural mask by mixing a juice of lemon and honey. Apply it to your face and neck then leave it for about 30 minutes and rinse it with lukewarm water. Repeat this natural treatment twice a week.
There’s a lot of people wonder how to get rid of a double chin fast in 3 days. It may not be possible to get rid double chin entirely in 3 days but you can reduce it significantly in that amount of time by having certain exercise along with healthy diet. Exercise can help strengthening your muscle so it won’t look saggy anymore. You can do exercises routinely which are specifically targeted to reduce double chin such as:
- Chewing gum – To strengthen your muscle especially around your face and neck, you can chew your favorite gum as an exercise. It’s not hard to do since you can do it anytime and anywhere. There is also study showing that people chewing gum after the meal may feel more satisfied with what they have eaten. Thus, this exercise is also good to reduce excessive eating habit.
- Whistle exercise – It doesn’t have to be the real whistle where you make a whistle sound. You just need to mimicking whistle motion to strengthen your jaw muscles. This is one of the easiest ways of how to get rid of a double chin. You can do this exercise while sitting so your body is relaxed. Sit with your back straight then tilt your head a little to look up. Start whistling by closing your mouth and ensure that your lips are relaxed when doing this exercise. You can whistle for 15 to 20 seconds and repeat it ten times.
- Pouting exercise – Even though you’re not a child anymore, you can pout for the sake of your double chin. You can do pouting exercise to strengthen your jaw so double chin can be removed. You just need to stick out your lips as far as possible and hold this position for about 5 seconds. You can occasionally tilt your head while pouting so your neck will be more relaxed.
By doing those exercises, how long does it take to get rid of a double chin? If you can maintain healthy eating habit along with the exercises, you can see significant results in less than a week. Keep in mind that it also depends on the level of double chin you have. The saggier your double chin, the harder to reduce. If you want the instant result, you may also try medical treatment or procedure. Here are the treatments you may get interested in:
- You may consult with your doctor to have a liposculpting procedure. The fat from your double chin will be removed using laser or suction. This procedure is practically done to remove the fat. Thus, your skin will remain saggy after the procedure so you still need to do certain exercise to tighten the skin.
- Another treatment you can do is Mesotherapy. In this therapy, your chin will be injected with compounds to dissolve some fats. However, you will need to do this procedure for more than once. Indeed, it takes to 6 months until the fat from your double chin disappears. In that amount of time, you may get more than 100 injections. This procedure is risky since it needs to be done correctly or else you will get nerve damage. This procedure is also the way how to lose double chin and chubby cheeks.
- The next medical treatment is Kybella, which is the use of a drug to dissolve the fat similar to mesotherapy. You will need about 6 treatments to get rid of the entire fat of your double chin involving 50 injections of the drug.
What’s more important is not how to get rid of a double chin but how to maintain it after. Thus, no matter what treatment you take to get rid of double chin, you need to prevent it to come back. Your lifestyle is the main factor. Thus, having the healthy diet and regular exercise can help preventing your body to store unnecessary fat causing double chin.