Acne scars are truly what people dislike since they reduce the beauty of the skin appearance. Thus, knowing how to get rid of acne scars is important. Basically, there are two ways you can go through to get rid of acne scars from face. The first one is using natural remedies and the second one is using medical treatment or therapy. Both have advantages and disadvantages. If you want less side effect and long-term benefits, it’s recommended that you use natural remedies for your scars. However, you can use medical treatments to get faster results.
How to get rid of acne scars fast
As told above, there are two ways to get rid of acne scars. You can use natural remedies or medical treatments. So let’s check out the tips below on how you can get rid of your acne scars:
Using aloe vera as natural remedies can help improve the appearance of the skin.
- Aloe vera contains vitamin and mineral which is beneficial for skin. There is no side effect of using aloe vera. However, some skin may be sensitive to aloe vera so you can try it out first by placing a little bit of aloe vera gel at the back of your ear. Leave it for a few minutes and see if there is a certain reaction like itchy, redness, etc. You can use fresh organic aloe vera that you get from your garden or but it in a drugstore.
- The next tips on how to get rid of acne scars on the face are to use virgin coconut oil. It contains vitamin E and all good nutrition for the skin. It helps reducing dark spots as well. You can apply this oil to your scarred skin twice a day. Leave it on the skin after applying the oil for about thirty minutes then remove it using the cleanser. You can also use the second method, which is applying coconut oil and let is soaked throughout the night. Then you can clean it in the morning
- Honey is one of the best natural remedies on earth because it can be used for any purpose included reducing acne scars. Honey contains vitamin, as well as anti-inflammatory agent and antibacterial which are advantageous for a skin. So it can help the skin to grow healthier so the scars will be reduced somehow. You can use honey as a mask. Apply honey to your skin evenly then massage gently. Leave it for about twenty to thirty minutes then rinse it with lukewarm water. You can repeat this treatment every day or twice a week.
- Actually, it’s quite hard to find out the best way of how to get rid of acne scars overnight. Acne scars are the result of severe acne so they don’t appear overnight as well. However, you can reduce the scars faster if you do the treatment diligently. One of the best ways is to use lemon. It is one of the most-contained vitamin C fruits. It’s the best anti-oxidant to help improving acne scars as well as lightening the dark spots. You can squeeze lemon and apply the juice to your scarred skin. If you have sensitive skin, mix it with water. Apply gently to your skin then leave it for about 30-40 minutes. Rinse your skin with fresh water.
Aside from using natural remedies, people are also searching for the ways how to get rid of acne scars using medical treatments. Before taking any medical treatments, it is strongly advised that you consult with your dermatologist first. It is important so you can find out if there is any risk you should face during or after the treatment. So here are medical treatments you can do to remove acne scars:
- Laser treatment – The first method of how to get remove acne scars from a face is using laser treatment. First, a dermatologist will identify what type of scars that you have. If it’s mild to moderate, you can go for laser treatment. Laser therapy can help smooth your skin. There is two type of laser treatments, ablative and non-ablative. They help to vaporize scars to let the new skin form and stimulating collagen production respectively. However, you may need more than one laser treatment to get the best result.
- Punch Excision – Dermatologist will remove the scars by cutting out the area around the scars. The scars will be left to heal themselves into the smoother skin. Remember that this act can only be done by a professional dermatologist. Since this treatment causing another ‘purposely’ scars, you need to pay attention to what the dermatologist says in treating your skin at home.
- Filler – Lots of people ask how to get rid of deep acne scars. Deep and permanent scars are harder to remove. Thus, you may consider using filler injection. A dermatologist will inject filler into the area where the scars are so deep. This filler is temporary but it can even out the skin appearance effectively in an instant. However, you may need to repeat this treatment every six months to maintain your skin appearance.
- Chemical peel – This treatment is used to remove acne scars by peeling out the skin to let the new skin form. The dermatologist will give you lotions or creams containing concentrated acid. This is quite harsh treatment since your skin will be ‘burnt’ to form a new fresh layer. Your skin will also need time to heal so you may experience an uncomfortable period during the treatment.
Acnes are painful since they can cause unwanted scars both temporarily and permanently. The scar can reduce your self-esteem since it makes your appearance imperfect. If your scars are categorized mild, you may try natural remedies to remove them. For deep scars, you can try medical treatments done by a dermatologist. So how to get rid of acne scars depends on the type of the scars you have. You’d better consult with your dermatologist for deep and permanent scars to decide which treatment will be the best for you.