Have you ever wondered how to get rid of lice? In this article, we will give you 3 natural home remedies to as the best way to get rid of lice. There are a few types of lice including pubic lice, body lice, and head lice. If pubic lice and body lice can happen when someone lives in unclean condition and doesn’t have enough personal hygiene, head lice can occur to everyone even someone who already lives in a clean condition and have high personal hygiene.
How to get rid of lice eggs naturally
Lice in a nutshell
First of all, let’s take a look the description of lice. Lice are parasitic insects that do not have wings. They are very small and eat blood from a human. The length size of adult head lice is around two or three millimeters. Since this type of insect doesn’t have wings, so lice can’t hop or fly. Lice crawl to move around and that what makes your head itchy and you scratch your head. There are several types of lice. They are including:
- Pubic lice: it is also called as crabs. It is a type of infestation’s lice happens on the skin or hair of someone’s pubic area. It also can be found on body parts that have hair including eyebrows, chest, or eyelashes.
- Body lice: this type of lice lives on bedding or clothing and then move to someone’s skin so they can feed themselves with human blood. Body lice mostly affect someone who rarely washes their clothing and lazy to take a bath. Transient individuals or homeless are likely to have this type of lice.
- Head lice: it is called as Pediculus humanus capitis in Latin. This type of lice can be found on the neck or scalp. The way lice attach their eggs is by staying on someone’s hair shaft. So it is the type of lice that usually found in someone’s hair. It is the most visible or obvious around human’s ears or the neck. Meanwhile, pediculosis is an infestation of head lice. If head lice are one of your problems, you will find out how to get rid of head lice soon in this article.
Lice signs and symptoms
Before we discuss how to get rid of lice fast and permanently, let’s take a look at the signs and symptoms when you or your family members have lice on their body parts. The sign and symptoms are including:
- When your hair moves, you feel tickling
- Intense itching
- Find nits which are eggs of lice on the shaft of the hair
- Seeing lice on your body, scalps, clothing, or body hair
- Small red bumps on the neck, scalp, and shoulders
- Hard to sleep because of itchiness since, during the dark, lice are very active
- Sores on the area where lice are infested caused by too much scratching
Causes and risk factors
So the next question is how someone gets lice? Head lice actually spread so easily. It can spread fast especially among children at school who have close contact almost every day. The number one factor that can make lice spread to someone’s hair or head is in direct contact with the head to head which one of the individuals has lice. Kids are potential can infect the lice between one another since their contact with each other is also close on regular basis.
Another way why someone gets lice is by sharing items. Those items are like comb or hairbrush that has direct contact between someone’s head to another. This transmission method can happen since lice cannot fly or hop and only crawl. The eggs of lice can be in someone’s hair and then hatch. Sharing brushes or combs is the answer why the lice can spread. Other items that can potentially infectious to bring lice to other persons are including hair ribbon, barrettes, coats, hats, sports uniform, scarves, stuffed animals, blankets, and towels. When you are lying down on a bed, carpet, pillow, couch, or even blanket which someone who has head lice owns them, you can also have head lice too. If you have pets, you don’t need to worry because cats and dogs cannot spread human lice.
How to get rid of lice naturally in one day
Now, here are the ways of how to get rid of lice naturally in one day. By doing these ways regularly, the lice will be gone in no time.
The first thing you need to get rid of lice is a fine comb with the perfect tooth. Wet combing is a natural way you can do every four or five days in two weeks until you don’t see any signs of lice anymore. Now the question is how to do it? Well, a person who has lice needs to make his or her hair completely wet. Using hair conditioner is also better idea especially when it is a conditioner with anti-lice. After that, use a good comb which you can buy in any store fewer than five dollars to comb the entire scalp. You should start combing the scalp to the ends of the hair. You should do this action carefully at least two sets in a session.
Sanitize combs and brushes
It is important to get rid of lice using clean combs and brushes especially after and before wet combing. So, take all of the hair brushes or combs you have and wash them in very hot water which is around 120 degrees F. don’t forget to add soap too. Besides using very hot water to clean hairbrush or combs, you can use alcohol too. You can rub them into alcohol at least around one hour. To make sure that there will be no lice eggs anymore, take all items that have the direct connection with hair including hair ties, barrettes, headbands, and others.
Cleaning all physical items that have direct contact will be useless if you don’t focus on the hygiene of your surroundings. Cleaning all carpets, furniture, and floors using a vacuum to make sure that there are no lice again. By doing this action, you can remove lice and their eggs which still attach to your other furniture. You can use a plastic to cover furniture after vacuuming them to avoid lice coming back again to your home.
Those are the ways of how to get rid of lice. They are simple and easy, aren’t they? If you do those three actions regularly, we will guarantee that the lice will not come back again to you or your beloved one.